Senior Assurance Services Associate
Your financial reporting skills can help us deliver quality client service! Join our team and start making a difference. Known for quality and integrity, we are the trusted source for tax, accounting, and consulting needs for individuals and businesses in Southwest Florida. Right now, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Assurance Services Associate. In return for your financial reporting skills, we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the latest in accounting industry technology. If you’re experienced in this area, we want to hear from you!
The senior auditor participates in and leads staff on audit engagements. The senior auditor is afforded the opportunity to undertake more challenging assignments, clients, and staff responsibilities relating to auditing procedures.
Major responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process
- Research and analyze financial statement audit related issues
- Acquire a working knowledge of client’s business
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignment within time constraints and deadlines
- Dedicated to superior client service
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Minimum of 2-3 years recent work experience as an auditor at a public accounting firm, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
Education and licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced degree is highly desirable, but not mandatory
- CPA certification (active) or CPA Candidate
At Hughes, Snell & Co., P.A., we care about our employees as much as we care about our clients. As one of our employees, our strong commitment means you will have the resources and support you need to achieve success. We are proud to offer competitive pay as well as the following benefits:
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-term Disability/Long-term Disability
- Simple IRA
- Paid time off
- Production, Longevity, and referral bonuses